It is important to ensure your chainsaw chains are correctly sharpened. What needs to be so “correct” then?
- The correct tooth cutting angle needs to be exactly the same. 5-15 degrees for ripping. 30-35 degrees for cross cutting. Left and right side teeth need to be the same.
- The correct tooth top-plate angle needs to be exactly the same. 60-70 degrees for ripping. Usually 50 to 60 degrees for cross-cut chains, or as specified by the chain manufacturer. Left and right side teeth need to be the same.
- Every tooth needs to be the same length after sharpening. Left and right side teeth need to be the same.
- All teeth must be equally sharp.
- Depth gauges (rakers) must be the correct height relative to the newly sharpened teeth.
Sharpening with a high-quality electric sharpener is one of the best ways to achieve a correctly sharpened chain.
Our electric sharpeners are made by the Italian company Tecomec. One of the worlds best designer and manufacturers of chain sharpeners. There are many copies out there, but all are inferior to original Tecomec sharpeners.
We have selected the best Tecomec sharpeners for your consideration, with features like:
- 3 year warranty;
- Solid construction and easy assembly;
- Right/left hand chain saw grind equality;
- Well visible scales; Frontal arm setting handle;
- LED light; 3 installation types: wall, bench and vise;
- Supporting slide; Self centering vise and/or automatic vise.
You can also sharpen depth gauges (rakers) with the provided flat grinding disc.
A professional quality chain sharpener by Tecomec (Italy). Reliable, self centering chain guide, accurate chain grinding. 240V mains input. 3 year warranty.
Diamond grinding disc, 145 x 22 x 3,2 mm